RE: [nv-l] Collecting data from Mib Expressions

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Collecting data from Mib Expressions
From: "Rumsey, Robert" <Robert.Rumsey@actewagl.com.au>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 21:18:00 +1000
Delivery-date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 12:19:13 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
I'm doing just that on some linux servers - running 7.1.4 on Win2k server.
Here is the entry that must be added to mibexpr.conf ....

StorageUtil \
"100* hrstorageused / hrstoragesize" \
        .1.3.6.1.2.1.25.2.3.1.6. \
        .1.3.6.1.2.1.25.2.3.1.5. / \
        100 *
One can then set up a collection using the snmpcollect GUI which writes to
snmpcol.conf.
Here is a corresponding entry from snmpcol.conf ....

MIB StorageUtil 1 RootStorageUtil units EXPRESSION R senetmon02 C
linuxserver.mycorp.com 0xffffffff 300 > 80.000000 <= 75.000000 % s 58720263

This sends a trap 58720263 (Netview ColDetThresh) when utilisation exceeds 80%.
Utilisation data can be obtained by querying the sql database.