Re: [nv-l] Netmon discovery problem

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Netmon discovery problem
From: Paul Stroud <nvladmin@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 09:33:16 -0400
Delivery-date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 14:34:21 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
A range in the seedfile does not force discovery, it only allows it. If you
want to make sure the device gets discovered, put in a specific entry for
it or to a router that has the device in its ARP cache.

Paul

Mohammed Quayum wrote:

Hi all,

We are running NV 7.1.4 on windows 2000 server.

We are using netmon.seed for discovery with entries link 10.0.91.10-250.

Before everything was fine but now It is not discovering new devices added for example 10.0.91.100 is a new device added.

I have to give explicitly 10.0.91.100 in the netmon.seed for NetView to discover.

Any help.

Thanks.

/Mohammed Quayum/

NOC Administrator

Network and Operation Section

Information Technology Department

Dubai Municipality

Contact# 009714-3011-759.

Our Vision
To create an excellent city that provides the essence of success and comfort of living.
Disclaimer:
This Electronic  Mail and any files transmitted  with it are confidential
and intended solely for the use of the  individual or entity to whom they
are addressed.  If you are not an addressee, or have received the message
by error, please  notify the sender via  E-Mail or over the telephone and
delete  this e-mail. You  are not  authorized to read, copy, disseminate,
distribute or  use this E-Mail or any of its attachment  in any way.  Any
views or opinions  presented in this email are solely those of the author
and do not necessarily represent Dubai Municipality. The recipient should
check this  email and any attachments  for the presence of viruses/worms.
Dubai Municipality  accepts  no liability  for any damage caused  by  any
virus/worms transmitted by this email.

Dubai Municipality, Dubai, UAE, http://www.dm.gov.ae/