[nv-l] RE: TSA - How to identify what is connected to a switch

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: [nv-l] RE: TSA - How to identify what is connected to a switch
From: "Sandro P. Seminara" <spseminara@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 12:45:55 -0700 (PDT)
Delivery-date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 20:46:33 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

After layer 2 discovery is complete, this information should be available through the NV console and the layer 2 discovery report.

From the NV console, you can highlight a particular switch and select the layer 2 option from the "monitor" tab.

You can also run the layer 2 discovery report from the command line:

/usr/OV/ITSL2/bin/ITSL2_reports -r layer2

By directing the report into a file, you can search on a particular server to see what port it is connected to.

Thank You

Sandro P. Seminara

Magnum Technologies