[nv-l] Re: [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Examples using NetView for AIX Version 4 -

Subject: [nv-l] Re: [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Examples using NetView for AIX Version 4 - SG24-4515-00]]
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 12:26:36 +0000
Delivery-date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 12:27:22 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Hi David,
The 2 lines to do with state correlation will have no bearing on the severity of events arriving at TEC. Pretty-well all events set off from NetView, by default, with a severity of warning.

What has changed over the last few Fixpacks of NetView is whether any customisation you do in NetView actually gets forwarded to TEC. I think you will find that before base NV 7.1.4 you could modify the severity slot in your NetView event customisation and the TEC adapter would honour that. In base 7.1.4 they stopped that so, whatever you coded for the severity slot in NetView, was ignored. With Fixpack 2 and 3 there is now a flag in /usr/OV/conf/tecint.conf which is commented out by default (ie. same effect as base nv 7.1.4) but you can uncomment the line to forward your NetView- coded severities. ( NvserverdSendSeverityTecEvents=YES ).

Once a NetView event has arrived at TEC, if you have the default netview.rls ruleset active, then various severities will be changed by these rules.

Cheers,
Jane

Liu, David wrote:

Jane,

I have installed a new Netview 7.1.4 FP03 on Solaris. It was integrate
to TEC 4.1.1 by other people. But after that, all events forwarded to
TEC are with the severity "warning", even if I changed them in Netview
(event trap setting). I saw in the history of nv-l list that you
suggested to comments out the two lines.

UseStateCorrelation=YES
StateCorrelationConfigURL=file:///usr/OV/conf/nvsbcrule.xml

Will that be the reasons? Please advise.

Regards,
David

Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565
Copyright (c) 2005 Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>.  All rights