Re: [nv-l] TSA - How to identify what is connected to a switch port

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] TSA - How to identify what is connected to a switch port
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 14:33:23 +0000
Delivery-date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 14:34:05 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
I have been building an ITSA scenarios document for some time now. I have put a copy on the NetView Tivoli User group website under Hints & Tips -> ITSA. ( http://www.nv-l.org/twiki/bin/view/Netview/ItSa ) . Anyone is welcome to a copy. It is still in draft form. It discusses the capabilities of ITSA 1.3, looks at some of the configuration parameters in detail, discusses integration with TEC and mentions some of the commands and files to use for checking / debugging.
I would welcome comments and feedback.

Cheers,
Jane

Mario Behring wrote:

Hi list,
I have just installed Tivoli Switch Analyser and I was under the impression that I would be able to know which server is connected to this or that particular switch port........I was hoping that I could send events to TEC with this kind of information, so that operators can address the problem more quickly. Can the product do this ? If so, how can I configure TSA to do it. Thanks in advance. Mario

Yahoo! FareChase - Search multiple travel sites in one click. <http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylc=X3oDMTFqODRtdXQ4BF9TAzMyOTc1MDIEX3MDOTY2ODgxNjkEcG9zAzEEc2VjA21haWwtZm9vdGVyBHNsawNmYw--/SIG=110oav78o/**http%3a//farechase.yahoo.com/>

Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565
Copyright (c) 2005 Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>.  All rights
reserved.