RE: [nv-l] NV Events not displaying in TEC

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] NV Events not displaying in TEC
From: "Van Order, Drew \(US - Hermitage\)" <dvanorder@deloitte.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 07:48:12 -0600
Delivery-date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 13:48:48 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Has it been working, or are you trying to get it going the first time? If it has been working, and you are using the non-TME adapter, check tecint.conf. We had one server suddenly stop after months of working fine--turns out we needed the BufEvtPath=/usr/OV/log/tec_cache setting because of conflicts with postemsg. I could see all the nvserverd events sitting in /etc/Tivoli/tec/cache. I understood the explanation, but we had been using postemsg all along..so why quit then?

Been fine ever since