RE: [nv-l] Alternative to NVMail

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Alternative to NVMail
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 08:25:32 -0500
Delivery-date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 13:26:06 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
what you sent  via nvmail, correct?  It works but has these strange things
appended to the end?

What syntax are you using for nvmail?  And what kind of mail server are you
using?  What kind of e-mail system gets the response?
I see no such additions when I use it here, in either message mode or file
mode.  I am sending to a mail server on UNIX and reading the results via
Lotus Notes.  I have used Outlook before.

Under the covers the nvmail code opens a session with a mail server and it
has to specify things like a return path in order to do that, but that's
not part of what we tell the mail server to send.    We certainly didn't
add "X-OriginalArrivalTime:" to the message so far as I can see.   That
looks to me like something the mail server added when  it sent the message
to you.

Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

             <P.Abdulgafoor@if
             lexsolutions.com>
             owner-nv-l@lists.         <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
             us.ibm.com                                                 cc

                                                                   Subject
             12/06/2005 07:43          RE: [nv-l] Alternative to NVMail
             AM

             Please respond to
                   nv-l

Thank you James!!
But I have checked with Mail Admin and as per him it is from NVMail
only! Anyway I will have to search for some other tool.

Best Regards,
Abdul Gafoor