RE: [nv-l] Register Netviewd

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Register Netviewd
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 09:47:33 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 14:48:00 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
That's to be expected.   After an  ovaddobj, the daemon is in the ovsuf
file, but he's not in the internal list of what ovspmd has started.  So you
cannot ovstop him.  But you can ovstart him, and after that ovstop will
work.

Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

             "Liu, David"
             <david.liu@eds.co
             Sent by:                  <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
             owner-nv-l@lists.                                          cc
             us.ibm.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: [nv-l] Register Netviewd
             01/18/2006 09:07
             AM

             Please respond to
             nv-l@lists.us.ibm
                   .com

Thank you Paul and James. The environment helped.

But when I tried to stop/start netviewd again (ovstop netviewd), I got
the error " ovspmd: Object manager netviewd is not registered.  See
ovaddobj(1m)." While I just registered (ovaddobj).

Regards,
David