[nv-l] Snmpcollect versus graphing

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: [nv-l] Snmpcollect versus graphing
From: "Rumsey, Robert" <Robert.Rumsey@actewagl.com.au>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 10:29:16 +1100
Delivery-date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 23:30:30 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

I'm running 7.1.4 on Win2k.
Recently there was some mention of the differences between the graphing utility and data collection -
Why is it that I am able to graph certain instances of some MIB objects in real time but unable to get the data collector to store the same information?

I do know how to set up collections and have others working properly.
However for certain instances on certain nodes the data is always zero (and I know it isn't).
The MIB data Collector window indicates that these instances are collecting just like the others that provide the correct data.

Thanks in advance,

BobR

*PLEASE NOTE* This email and any attachments may
be confidential. If received in error, please delete all
copies and advise the sender. The reproduction or
dissemination of this email or its attachments is
prohibited without the consent of the sender.

WARNING RE VIRUSES: Our computer systems sweep
outgoing email to guard against viruses, but no warranty
is given that this email or its attachments are virus free.
Before opening or using attachments, please check for
viruses. Our liability is limited to the re-supply of any
affected attachments.

individual sender, except where the sender expressly,
and with authority, states them to be the views of the
organisation.