Re: [nv-l] ISS RealSecure Events from Netview to TEC !!!

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] ISS RealSecure Events from Netview to TEC !!!
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 20:42:01 +0000
Delivery-date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 20:42:52 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
I think you will find by default that only a defined subset of events are passed from NetView on Win to TEC.

Firstly, are you getting ANY events in TEC from NetView? They will have a class that starts TEC_ITS........ If not, then you have a basic setup error and should revisit your NetView / TEC configuration either from the Java program off the Start-> Programs.... system or by inspecting \usr\ov\conf\tecad_nv6k.conf.

If you run the customisation from the little Java program, then it will show you a panel which defines which configured events are actually forwarded to TEC. Even if you have everything correct in cds and oid files, your new events won't be forwarded unless they are included here. You should find a small box you need to tick which is labelled "Enable override of default event forwarding" and you can then specify to forward your own event classes (which you should be able to see in the big list). The classes that you select get translated into Filter statements in the tecad_nv6k.conf file - you can hand edit them here if you prefer but remember to recycle the tecad_nv6k daemon if you do.

Even if you haven't done the work on netview.baroc in TEC, you should be able to see the events if you type wtdumprl on your TEC Server - they should show with a PARSING FAILED message.

Hope that helps.
Jane

rpbala@hathway.com wrote:

Hi All,

Netview version : 7.1.4 on Windows.

I have configured ISS Proventia A604 in my Netview for getting the Traps and i
could able to see the Traps coming from the Device in Netview Event Browser.

Now i need these events to be forwarded in to TEC. For this i have defined the
CLASS in .cds file, included in .conf file and as well in .oid file too. But i
have not edited netview.baroc file in TEC server. My question is how do i know
whether the Netview is forwarding the Proventia events which is defined by
myself in the .cds file?

When i restart the netview daemons i am getting only the following error in th
nvtecad.log file.

Wed Jan 18 14:29:07 2006     LOW: ERROR  , err 00,        .\error.c line 0306: Init:
Error file is </usr/ov/conf/tecad_nv6k.err>

I have checked with the wtdumprl command from the TEC server for any parsing
error ...but none.

Please help me resolve this issue. Thank you.

Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565
Copyright (c) 2006 Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>.  All rights
reserved.