Re: [nv-l] ISS RealSecure Events from Netview to TEC !!!

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] ISS RealSecure Events from Netview to TEC !!!
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 08:51:32 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 13:52:04 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
My advice is to call support and send them your files, so that they can
help you look for your error, because believe me, there is one.
What's happening is that there is an error in one of the files you
modified, most probably the cds, and when the tecad_nk6k daemon cannot
parse the file correctly, it exits.

To help you find where the error is you'll need to edit the tecad_nv6k.err
file and put in a real destination instead of /dev/null for the PARSER and
possibly for the KERNEL entries so that you get messages pointing to the
problem.  You can use the nvtecad.log or a file destination of your own
choosing, like this:

# MODULE = PARSER
#
PARSER  MINOR     /usr/ov/log/nvtecad.log
PARSER  MAJOR      /usr/ov/log/nvtecad.log
PARSER  FATAL    /usr/ov/log/nvtecad.log
PARSER  LOW       /usr/ov/log/nvtecad.log
PARSER  NORMAL    /usr/ov/log/nvtecad.log
PARSER  VERBOSE    /usr/ov/log/nvtecad.log

When you get this fixed, if you want to keep a log of what is being sent to
the TEC server, set a  LOW level destination in the tecad_nv6k.err file for
TECIO.

HTH

Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

             rpbala@hathway.co
             owner-nv-l@lists.         nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
             us.ibm.com                                                 cc

                                                                   Subject
             01/18/2006 06:40          [nv-l] ISS RealSecure Events from
             AM                        Netview to TEC !!!

             Please respond to
             nv-l@lists.us.ibm
                   .com

Hi All,

Netview version : 7.1.4 on Windows.

I have configured ISS Proventia A604 in my Netview for getting the Traps
and i could able to see the Traps coming from the Device in Netview Event
Browser.

Now i need these events to be forwarded in to TEC. For this i have defined
the CLASS in .cds file, included in .conf file and as well in .oid file
too. But i have not edited netview.baroc file in TEC server. My question is
how do i know whether the Netview is forwarding the Proventia events which
is defined by myself in the .cds file?

When i restart the netview daemons i am getting only the following error in
th nvtecad.log file.

Wed Jan 18 14:29:07 2006     LOW: ERROR  , err 00,        .\error.c line
0306: Init: Error file is </usr/ov/conf/tecad_nv6k.err>

I have checked with the wtdumprl command from the TEC server for any
parsing error ...but none.

Please help me resolve this issue. Thank you.