[nv-l] ISS RealSecure Events from Netview to TEC !!!

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] ISS RealSecure Events from Netview to TEC !!!
From: rpbala@hathway.com
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 16:40:16 +0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 11:41:06 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Hi All,

Netview version : 7.1.4 on Windows.

I have configured ISS Proventia A604 in my Netview for getting the Traps and i
could able to see the Traps coming from the Device in Netview Event Browser.

Now i need these events to be forwarded in to TEC. For this i have defined the
CLASS in .cds file, included in .conf file and as well in .oid file too. But i
have not edited netview.baroc file in TEC server. My question is how do i know
whether the Netview is forwarding the Proventia events which is defined by
myself in the .cds file?

When i restart the netview daemons i am getting only the following error in th
nvtecad.log file.

Wed Jan 18 14:29:07 2006     LOW: ERROR  , err 00,        .\error.c line 0306:
Init: Error file is </usr/ov/conf/tecad_nv6k.err>

I have checked with the wtdumprl command from the TEC server for any parsing
error ...but none.

Please help me resolve this issue. Thank you.