Re: [nv-l] NV v7.1.4, FP04 for Windows ???

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] NV v7.1.4, FP04 for Windows ???
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 09:29:23 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 14:30:06 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
You aren't missing anything.  The Windows version of FP04 was withheld for
further testing when it was revealed,  on the last day of testing, that
under certain circumstances, the native client-server configuration would
not work on Window 2003.  Microsoft very kindly changed their socket API by
introducing a new message, but told no one  (Thanks, Bill).

Though this was a rare occurrence, and limited to just one version of the
OS, a serious flaw so late in the test cycle meant that even after the bug
was found and fixed, the entire FixPack would have to go through component
verification again for the affected component (the database) and then
another long-run cycle, which is two solid weeks of uninterrupted
operational testing without a glitch, on all versions of Windows.  That's
where it is now.  I don't have a date when it will be released, but I'm
thinking it will probably be early March.

Better higher quality than known bugs is the motto these days.  I thought
the download site was supposed to have a blurb about that somewhere, but we
don't control that.

Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

             Michael D Schleif
             <mds@helices.org>
             owner-nv-l@lists.         nv-l mailing list
             us.ibm.com                <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
                                                                        cc

             02/14/2006 07:13                                      Subject
             PM                        [nv-l] NV v7.1.4, FP04 for Windows
                                       ???

             Please respond to
             nv-l@lists.us.ibm
                   .com

Please, advise.

The one (1) byte version on the website doesn't work ;>

The ftp site doesn't indicate any Windows version at all.

What happened to the Windows instance of this fix pack?

What am I missing?

--
Best Regards,

mds