Re: [nv-l] Netview Availability Option

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Netview Availability Option
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 09:04:43 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 14:05:36 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Did you select a node  object from the map first?

This Windows-only option is supposed to give you information from the
topology database indicating how long the object has been up according to
netmon.   I believe, though I am not certain, that this is achieved by a
simple query of the topology database (ovtopodump -lrv  <selection_name>)
and calculating the difference between the current time and the last symbol
change time.

Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

             usman.taokeer@s-i
             ii.com
             owner-nv-l@lists.         nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
             us.ibm.com                                                 cc

                                                                   Subject
             03/01/2006 04:13          [nv-l] Netview Availibility Option
             PM

             Please respond to
             nv-l@lists.us.ibm
                   .com

NV 7.1.4 FP04
Windows 2000 SP4

Hi List,

Does any one know what does the option "Object Properties->Availability"
do? It shows  me nothing  its all blank? Any reason .

Regards,

Usman Taokeer
Si3.