[nv-l] Netmon won't stay up

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] Netmon won't stay up
From: Michael_Noonkesser@bluecrossmn.com
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 09:15:33 -0600
Delivery-date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 15:16:16 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Hi list-

Netview 7.1.3 Solaris 8

I have a serious problem with netmon not staying up. Did a "Restart
automatic map generation"  yesterday and it has not been stable since. It
has gone down 25 plus times.
I have done an ovmapcount -a , and ovtopofix -a to try and resolve issues
to no result. All of the other daemons stay up it is just netmon that
dies.

Regards,
Mike Noonkesser

----------------------------
Important news about email communications:

If our business rules identify sensitive information, you will receive a
ZixMail Secure Message with a link to view your message. First-time recipients
will be asked to create a password before they are granted access. To learn
more about ZixMail, ZixCorp Secure Email Message Center, and other ZixCorp
offerings, please go to http://userawareness.zixcorp.com/secure4/index.php
----------------------------

The information contained in this communication may be confidential,
and is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or
copying of this communication, or any of its contents, is strictly
please return it to the sender immediately and delete the original
message and any copy of it from your computer system. If you have
any questions concerning this message, please contact the sender.

Unencrypted, unauthenticated Internet e-mail is inherently insecure.
Internet messages may be corrupted or incomplete, or may incorrectly
identify the sender.