RE: [nv-l] Netmon won't stay up

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Netmon won't stay up
From: Michael_Noonkesser@bluecrossmn.com
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 10:56:52 -0600
Delivery-date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 16:57:33 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Thanks for the replies, I ended up talking w/ support and finally just
took my losses and restored via TSM to a point in time prior to doing the
rediscovery.
Currently building a 7.1.4 system to replace the old one rather than
patching (Fixpacking,sorry) .

Thanks again for the inghts...

Regards,

Mike Noonkesser

"John Sobrinho" <john_sobrinho@sympatico.ca>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
03/03/2006 08:23 PM
Please respond to
nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

<nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
cc

Subject
RE: [nv-l] Netmon won't stay up

Mike..

Diving a little deeper into Steves note, if you run a trace on netmon, you
should see where netmon runs into trouble. I ran into a similar situation,
and was able to quickly correct the issue. I would advise on doing this
before  upgrading to next fix pack, unless if your read something in the
notes that would remendy the situation via fix pack. Jumping into next
fixpack may complicate the issue.

-js

----------------------------
Important news about email communications:

If our business rules identify sensitive information, you will receive a
ZixMail Secure Message with a link to view your message. First-time recipients
will be asked to create a password before they are granted access. To learn
more about ZixMail, ZixCorp Secure Email Message Center, and other ZixCorp
offerings, please go to http://userawareness.zixcorp.com/secure4/index.php
----------------------------

The information contained in this communication may be confidential,
and is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or
copying of this communication, or any of its contents, is strictly
please return it to the sender immediately and delete the original
message and any copy of it from your computer system. If you have
any questions concerning this message, please contact the sender.

Unencrypted, unauthenticated Internet e-mail is inherently insecure.
Internet messages may be corrupted or incomplete, or may incorrectly
identify the sender.