[nv-l] Netmon Not Responding

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: [nv-l] Netmon Not Responding
From: usman.taokeer@s-iii.com
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 14:30:40 +0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 09:27:02 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Hi List,

Windows 2003 SP1
Netview 7.1.4 FP03,FP04
DB2 8.2 i.e 8.1fp10a

Whenever we try to "Demand Poll" or "Quick Test Critical" etc. on any node it just keeps saying the following:
"Waiting for the netmon on the server to respond". Why isn't netmon responding? It does so even if Netmon is in idle state. Are there any compatibility issues with Windows 2003 SP1?  There are around 1200 Nodes on the Map and we have a lot of traps coming in from different routers all over the country, but it shouldn't be causing netmon to stop responding ?  Any clues, the netmon.trace file is empty!

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Usman
Si3.