Re: [nv-l] Cannot open icmp socket

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Cannot open icmp socket
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 08:55:39 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 13:56:14 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
The standard "fix" in Windows for any serious problem is to reboot the box,
since MS doesn't give you much in the way of tools to fix anything.  Have
you tried that?

James Shanks
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

             Mario Behring
             oo.com>                                                    To
             Sent by:                  nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
             owner-nv-l@lists.                                          cc
                                       [nv-l] Cannot open icmp socket
             03/08/2006 08:38
             Please respond to

Hi list,

I am getting the above error when trying to start the netmon daemon on a
NetView 7.1.4 running on a Windows 2000 box. I´ve found some material
regarding this problem at the IBM website but it was for AIX
boxes...........have anyone seen this error on a W2K box before ?

Any help is appreciated.