Re: [nv-l] mib2traps error

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] mib2traps error
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 14:14:35 -0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 19:15:08 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Sorry for the difficulty Larry, but I don't think anyone does this
deliberately.  The vendor used one compiler to build his MIB, we used
another to compile it into our database.  And just like with program source
code, two different compilers may require small changes to the source code
to get it to compile correctly on the new platform.  And I've even seen
MIBs from some sources where someone made small changes in the second
edition, which never went through any compiler at all apparently.  I just
worked with one recently where "Display String"  was sometimes coded that
way, the correct way, and sometimes as "DISPLAY STRING", which shouldn't
compile on any compiler.   To err is human.

Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

             Larry Fagan
             <larrytechie@yaho
             o.com>                                                     To
             Sent by:                  nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
             owner-nv-l@lists.                                          cc
             us.ibm.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [nv-l] mib2traps error
             03/10/2006 01:29
             PM

             Please respond to
             nv-l@lists.us.ibm
                   .com

James,
I got the MIB you sent and now mib2trap works so sweet.. unbelievable.. Why
do these vendors make our life miserable with these unproper MIB's..
But James.. Once again my very humble salutations and thanks a lotttt for
the right MIB's...
Larry

James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com> wrote:
 Sigh. Seen this one before. I'll send you a corrected copy of the MIB and
 the mib2trap output I got.
 There are so many issues with it that we considered shipping corrected
 versions of it with NetView, but that has not happened yet.

 James Shanks
 Level 3 Support for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
 Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

 Larry Fagan
 !
 o.com> To
 Sent by: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
 owner-nv-l@lists. cc
 us.ibm.com
 Subject
 [nv-l] mib2traps error
 03/10/2006 08:54
 AM

 Please respond to
 nv-l@lists.us.ibm
 ! .com

 Guys,
 When i run mib2trap of the below MIBs. I get following error. Please
 help..
 I'm on NV 7.1.3 AIX.

 >mib2trap netbotzv2.mib netbotz.sh
 Errors - no script generated.
 No label for parent. Accepted syntax for MODULE-IDENTITY nodes:
 { label1 [ label2(subid2) ... ] object-subid1 }
 (netBotz-V2): On or around line 28
 Bad parse of MODULE-IDENTITY: On or around line 28

 Part of the MIB (big file, can't attach) File:
 --
 -- NETBOTZV2-MIB module definition
 --

 netBotz-V2 MODULE-IDENTITY
 LAST-UPDATED "200509260000Z"

 Tel: +1 512 439 58! 00

 E-mail: support@netbotz.com"
 DESCRIPTION
 "NetBotz BotzWare V2.x MIB"
 REVISION "200509260000Z" -- 26 September 2005
 DESCRIPTION "Added index columns"
 ::= { enterprises 5528 100 1 }

 netBotz OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { enterprises 5528 }
 netBotzV2 OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { netBotz 100 }
 netBotzV2Traps OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { netBotzV2 10 }
 netBotzV2TrapParms OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { netBotzV2 11 }
 netBotzV2Products OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { netBotzV2 20 }

 netBotzV2GenericTraps OBJECT IDENTIFI!! ER ::= { netBotzV2Traps 1 }
 netBotzV2SensorTraps OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { netBotzV2Traps 2 }
 netBotzV2PodTraps OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { netBotzV2Traps 3 }
 netBotzV2PortTraps OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { netBotzV2Traps 4 }

 netBotzV2TempSensorTraps OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { netBotzV2SensorTraps 1
 }
 netBotzV2HumiditySensorTraps OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= {
 netBotzV2SensorTraps 2 }
 netBotzV2DewPointSensorTraps OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= {
 netBotzV2SensorTraps 3 }
 netBotzV2AirFlowSensorTraps OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { netBotzV2SensorTraps
 4 }
 netBotzV2AudioSensorTraps OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { netBotzV2SensorTraps 5
 }
 netBotzV2AmpDetectSensorTraps OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= {
 netBotzV2SensorTraps 6 }
 netBotzV2DryContactSensorTraps OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= {
 netBotzV2SensorTraps 7 }
 netBotzV2CameraMotionSensorTraps OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= {
 netBotzV2SensorTraps 8 }
 netBotzV2DoorSensorTraps OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { netBotzV2Sens! orTraps 9
 }
 netBotzV2MicPlugSensorTraps OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { netBotzV2SensorTraps
 10 }
 netBotzV2SpeakerPlugSensorTraps OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= {
 netBotzV2SensorTraps 11 }
 netBotzV2TVSignalSensorTraps OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= {
 netBotzV2SensorTraps 12 }
 netBotzV2GPSPositionSensorTraps OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= {
 netBotzV2SensorTraps 13 }
 netBotzV2GPSMovementSensorTraps OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= {
 netBotzV2SensorTraps 14 }
 netBotzV2GPSStatusSensorTraps OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= {
 netBotzV2SensorTraps 15 }
 netBotzV2WirelessStatusSensorTraps OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= {
 netBotzV2SensorTraps 22 }
 netBotzV2PacketDropSensorTraps OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= {
 netBotzV2SensorTraps 23 }
 netBotzV2SNMPCrawlerSensorTraps OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= {
 netBotzV2SensorTraps 24 }
 netBotzV2PlugModuleStatusSensorTraps OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= {
 netBotzV2SensorTraps 25 }
 netBotzV2OutputControlSensorTraps OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= {
 netBotzV2SensorTraps 26 }
 netBotzV2MultiRAESensorTraps OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= {
 netBotzV2SensorTraps 27 }
 netBotzV2MultiRAESensorStatusTraps OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= {
 netBotzV2SensorTraps 28 }
 netBotzV2MultiRAEDeviceStatusTraps OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= {
 netBotzV2SensorTraps 29 }
 netBotzV2LinkStatusSensorTraps OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= {
 netBotzV2SensorTraps 30 }
 netBotzV2LoopVoltageSensorTraps OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= {
 netBotzV2SensorTraps 31 }

 Larry

 Yahoo! Mail

Yahoo! Mail