RE: [nv-l] ovactiond problem

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] ovactiond problem
From: "John Sobrinho" <john_sobrinho@sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 20:33:51 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 01:34:54 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
We exclusively use postemessage and vendors OIDS as well. WE do not use TEC
SLOTS or Netview traps.

Out trapd is very busy, but we are pretty selective in the OIDs we are
interested in. Through scripting we can further select certain conditions
that would constitute an alterable condition, filter off the uninteresting
conditions, classify as harmless event for later correlation, or create
custom user friendly messages. This off loads tec significantly in some it's
decision making and simplifies correlation rules.

In a busy environment you need to consider what is important for your
business and only send what you need from the source device.

-js