Re: [nv-l] error loading Cisco-TC mib

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] error loading Cisco-TC mib
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 09:20:24 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 14:20:52 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
That means you need to load the MIB which defines Unsigned32 first, or add
a definition for it in your MIB.
Unsigned32 ::= Gauge32
      should do it, I think

But it might be simpler to load the cisco-tc-v1smi-mib from
/usr/OV/snmp_mibs which contains it.

Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

             "Glen Warn"
             <Glen.Warn@pemcoc
             orp.com>                                                   To
             Sent by:                  <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
             owner-nv-l@lists.                                          cc
             us.ibm.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       [nv-l] error loading Cisco-TC mib
             04/05/2006 09:10
             PM

             Please respond to
             nv-l@lists.us.ibm
                   .com

Running NV 7.1.4 FP3 on RH AS2.1

Having problem trying to load v2 version of Cisco-TC mib
It bombs around this area

CountryCodeITU ::= TEXTUAL-CONVENTION
    DISPLAY-HINT "d"
    STATUS       current
    DESCRIPTION
        "This textual convention represents a country or area code for
         non-standard facilities in telematic services."
    REFERENCE
        "ITU-T T.35 - Section 3.1 Country Code"
    SYNTAX        Unsigned32 (0..255)

With error saying “ Textual convention doesn’t map to real type
(Unsigned32) Bad parse of ASN type definition (::=)

I’ve went so far as to delete this whole section (as a test)

I get to around line 418 then have a similar issue.

Can anyone help?  I do have all of the prereq mibs loaded.

Thx,
Glen