[nv-l] Formating traps in a script

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] Formating traps in a script
From: thierry.van-mol@vd.ch
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 15:42:26 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 14:50:35 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

In a correlation rule, after a node that selects a generic trap, I have an
action node calling a script to some alert things. My problem is the
following, I want in that script send an email that will contain
some informations and the trap message like it is formatted in the
event window. However, in the script I get only, through environment
variables, the generic and specific trap number. From, there, is there
a tool to get the trap message.

I had the idea to get the information from the trapd.log file, by doing
a grep on the time and node sending the trap. However, I noticed that
when my script is called by the action node, the trapd.log file does
not yet contain the trap (and sometimes yes; a race condition apparently).

Has someone an idea on how to achieve this?

Thierry Van Mol                                 email: thierry.van-mol@vd.ch
Centre Cantonal des Telecommunications          Tel: +41 (0) 21 316 27 05