Re: [nv-l] PID = Never run for some daemons

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] PID = Never run for some daemons
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 12:05:28 -0400
Delivery-date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 17:05:53 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
 "(NEVER RUN)" means those daemons were not started because more
fundamental ones did not start, typically like trapd and ovwdb.  Most of
the other depend on those.  The daemons have a precedence, which is listed
in the respective lrf files, and copied into \usr\ov\conf\ovsuf.

I'd look in the nv.log for error messages.  And I stop all the daemons and
try to start them one by one, starting with trapd and ovwdb.

Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

             Mario Behring
             <mariobehring@yah
             oo.com>                                                    To
             Sent by:                  NetView List
             owner-nv-l@lists.         <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
             us.ibm.com                                                 cc

                                                                   Subject
             04/11/2006 11:58          [nv-l] PID = Never run for some
             AM                        daemons

             Please respond to
             nv-l@lists.us.ibm
                   .com

Hi list,

I have a NV 7.1.4 running on a W2003 box. Everything was fine until some
daemons went. The ovstatus output shows daemons like nvcold, netmon,
servmon, snmpcollect as NOT RUNNING and with PID as "(NEVER
RUN)"..........the GUI does not start.

Any ideas ?

Thanks.

Mario