[nv-l] internal trap formatting

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: [nv-l] internal trap formatting
From: "Praveen Kumar" <Praveenkumar.nair@ustri.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 17:06:58 +0530
Delivery-date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 12:38:14 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Hi all,

I am running netview 7.1.4 on win2003.

Some of the SNMP collect status events generated by Netview has some predefined format message. By looking at the tecad_nv6k.cds file, I could see this description is mapped with a trap variable “nvEventDescr” (Respective OID is 1.3.6.1.4.1.2.6.3.1.1.4). Since this preformatted event description holds some value like instance number rather than the description of that instance, this is not easily understandable.

For instance,

I have two processors in a machine and started the collection for Max CPU utilization. I set a threshold of 75%. When Event is triggered the resulted event message comes as “<ExpressionName> <Instance Number> threshold trigered (>=75.00): 80.00”. Here what I prefer is Instance description rather than Instance number, which would be meaningful as well as easily can be made out.

Would someone help me in resolving this issue?

Thanks in Advance,

Praveen