[nv-l] Netview7.1.4 - Instance based Collection Issue

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: [nv-l] Netview7.1.4 - Instance based Collection Issue
From: "Senny M" <senthil.mani@ustri.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 21:10:48 +0530
Delivery-date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 16:41:39 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Hi there,

I am running Netview 7.1.4 with FP04 on Windows 2003 Server.

I am facing some peculiar issue with data collection of Netview. I have restricted the data collection for one of my routers only for 6 instances i.e. 4 through 9. So I enabled the same in the Collection properties of that particular device by replacing instance option from * to [4-9]. Hope I used the correct method, but now my real issue is that I could still see the collection happening for some other instances as well other than one specified. Means, the collection happening for instances 4 through 9 as well as for 11, 12, and 13.

Is there anything else I missed out to restrict the collection only for the required instances? Would someone help me in resolving the same?

Thanks in advance,
Senny