RE: [nv-l] Browsing MIB IBMServeRAID,

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Browsing MIB IBMServeRAID,
From: j.chaussinand@b-a-w.com
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 10:56:47 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 23 May 2006 09:59:33 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

I did your test and it's ok but I already tested it before.

So snmpget and snmpwalk are working, but not for the subtree 1.3.6.1.4.1.2.6.167

I've got a few questions :

- you say to try to do snmpwalk or snmpget from another computer, so I deduct that loading the MIB on the NetView server is not useful for using these commands since for you it should work ?
- so the private MIBs are only useful to the NetView server to describe the datas received from a private monitored node and use them , am I right ?

I tell you what I did :

Installed Netview 7.14 and the FP4 on an old IBM server with 4 Xeons and 2Gb of ram running a Windows 2000 Server. I have it installed and running on a 2003 Server on a laptop too...
I installed the Windows SNMP agent and Serveraid Manager on a few servers. I let the community name public, the read only access and allowed to receive SNMP packets from any hosts.

I need to understand from what point a "snmpwalk -c public myserver .1.3.6.1.4.1.2.6.167" should work.
From the moment I installed the SNMP agent on the targeted server ? From the moment I installed Serveraid Manager on it ?

Thanks for you massive help ;-)