[nv-l] SNMP on LINUX

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: [nv-l] SNMP on LINUX
From: "Delaire, Patrick" <delairep@aetna.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 15:44:23 -0400
Delivery-date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 20:47:57 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

We are attempting to monitor phone home activity from a Linux (9119-959) sever with HMC processor or just plain
HMC activity. We know there is no defined mib for this type of device and we are guessing on the enterprise objectid .
The in-house Linux folks say SNMP is setup and some data does get logged but can't get the data to the event browser.

Anyone out-there had any experience acquiring SNMP data from Linux server with HMC component?

Netview 7.1.4  with fixpack 4
AIX 5.2

Thanks Pat.

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. If
you think you have received this
e-mail in error, please advise the sender by reply
e-mail and then delete this e-mail immediately. Thank you. Aetna