Re: [NV-L] MAX-ACCESS in mib files

To: "Tivoli NetView Discussions" <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>, "Tivoli NetView Discussions" <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>
Subject: Re: [NV-L] MAX-ACCESS in mib files
From: dhorton@iprimus.com.au
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 23:42:22 +1000
Delivery-date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 14:49:29 +0100
Sender: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com
My understanding is that the keyword "MAX-ACCESS" is SNMPv2 syntax (ref rfc1902)
and that "ACCESS" is in SNMPv1 (rfc1212). These cannot be mixed within the
MIB, since the OBJECT-TYPE macros defined in each are different and cannot
both be IMPORTed.

So the MIB would be syntactically incorrect. A parser would be correct to
flag it. A snippet or reference to the MIB may clarify?

David Horton