Re: [NV-L] Netview 7.1.5 ?

To: Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>
Subject: Re: [NV-L] Netview 7.1.5 ?
From: Jeff Fitzwater <jfitz@princeton.edu>
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 11:05:32 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 21:55:37 +0000
Sender: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com
Well the latest on 7.1.5 from the Passport Advantage people (Sebin), thats what he said his name was, is that 7.1.5 has been recalled and NOT released. I asked him specifically if that only applies to 7.1.5 that is bundled under TEC ans he said "No it is recalled in general". He also said at this point that only 7.1.4 is available.

   Does this seem correct?

If this is true then IBM should put info on web page regarding the hold on 7.1.5 and eliminate all this confusion.

Jeff Fitzwater
OIT Network Systems
Princeton University

James Shanks wrote:
With whom did you talk?

As I posted last week, the manager of software downloads gave me steps that
work, provided your NetView was not purchased as a part of TEC.    If it
was purchased as a part of TEC, then 7.1.5 won't be found because the TEC
package has not been updated, though I was told that is being worked on.
I've been promised an update when it is done.

Network Availability Management
Network Management - Development
Tivoli Software, IBM Corp

Jeff Fitzwater <jfitz@princeton. edu> To Sent by: Netview at IBM nv-l-bounces@list <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com> s.ca.ibm.com cc Subject 11/01/2006 11:17 [NV-L] Netview 7.1.5 ? AM Please respond to Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l@lists.ca.ib m.com>

Is Netview 7.1.5 available from IBM yet?

I have talked with  Passport Advantage and they say 7.1.5 is NOT
available yet.

Can someone confirm this for me please?

Confused!!!!

Jeff Fitzwater