[NV-L] Controlling deletion of submaps under segments.

To: "Tivoli NetView Discussions" <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>
Subject: [NV-L] Controlling deletion of submaps under segments.
From: "Lakka, Rajesh Kumar" <Rajesh.Lakka@in.unisys.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 15:18:49 +0530
Delivery-date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 09:52:12 +0000
Sender: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com
I am developing a connector program. I have a scenario like this.

Segment A = 192.168.10
Segment B = 192.168.20
Segment C = 192.168.30

Now I create a submap under segment A called SystemXsubmap. This is
getting created well.

Now I try to add the SystemxSubmap under SegmentB . It is getting
created well.

SystemXsubmap goes on adding in any Segment where it detects  a
particular SNMP MIB.

My problem is :
I dont want SystemXsubmap to repeat in the same Segment more than once.

SystemXsubmap should be created only once in segment A segment B and
segment C.

SystemXsubmap should not repeat in the same segment.

I am using Tivoli ov libraries however, couldn't seem to find any help
in order to achieve this functionality.

We tried using some functions like OvwGetMapinfo() OvwGetSubmapinfo()
etc but did not see much help in these. Might be someone can send me
some sample code to go ahead.

Typically when I try to add a SystemXsubmap this program should check if
another SystemXsubmap is existing in the same Segment and if exists it
should delete the old SystemXsubmap and replace with the newer one. This
check should happen only within the same segment.

I am hoping to find some answers and samples from the Tivoli experts in
this list.

Thanking you.

Rajesh