Re: [NV-L] NetView 7.1.5 Upgrade Issues

To: Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>
Subject: Re: [NV-L] NetView 7.1.5 Upgrade Issues
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 10:31:16 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 15:32:20 +0000
Sender: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com

You are going to have to call Support and open a problem.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Network Availability Management
Network Management - Development
Tivoli Software, IBM Corp
Inactive hide details for "Praveen Kumar" <Praveenkumar.nair@ustri.com>"Praveen Kumar" <Praveenkumar.nair@ustri.com>

          "Praveen Kumar" <Praveenkumar.nair@ustri.com>
          Sent by: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com

          11/22/2006 10:12 AM
          Please respond to
          Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>

"'Tivoli NetView Discussions'" <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>

cc

Subject

[NV-L] NetView 7.1.5 Upgrade Issues

Hi there,

Currently I have NetView 7.1.4 running on RedHat Linux ES 3.0.

Now I am in the process of upgrading NetView 7.1.4 to NetView 7.1.5. To carry out the same I have taken selective backup of current NetView setup, Upgraded the OS from RedHat ES 3.0 to RedHat ES 4.0, and then I copied the backup folder “OV.back.v7r1” under /usr.

Finally, I have executed the command,

./instalnv -k SERVER -u

After some progress, I am returned with an error as pasted down. Did anyone come across with this problem? Would anyone help me in resolving the same?

************************************************************************************************************************************************************
The following options have been selected for this installation:
Install the SERVER kit(s).
Install the default en_US language only.
Perform an update installation (migrate from previous version).
Perform configuration after files are in place.

The following options have been selected for configuration:
Configure the SERVER kit(s).
Configure the SNMPv1 MIB Collector (snmpCollect).

Do you wish to continue? (y/n) y

20:11:18 Displaying product license acceptance screen.
20:11:26 -- Installing nvPREQ
20:11:29 -- Installing nvBASE
20:11:54 -- Installing nvSRVR
20:12:15 -- Installing nvWEBs
20:13:36 -- Configuring nvSRVR
20:16:21 Configuration for nvSRVR returned 1.
20:16:21 Please review /usr/OV/install/configuration.log for more information.
Installation aborted.

************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Done.
======= Wed Nov 22 20:16:19 IST 2006 BEGINNING NVCONFIGURE
* Running customize script for fileset OVMIN-LICENSE.
* Making links....
* Running customize script for fileset OVMIN.
* Making links....
* Running customize script for fileset OVWIN.
NOTE: Configuring ovwdb
NOTE: Configuring nvsecd
NOTE: Starting nvsecd
NOTE: Starting ovwdb
object manager name: ovwdb
behavior: OVs_WELL_BEHAVED
state: FAILED
PID: 8360
last message: Unable to initialize tracing/logging subsystem.
exit status: -

awk: (FILENAME=- FNR=88) fatal: cannot open file `8362' for reading (No such file or directory)
ERROR: Unable to start ovwdb with ovstart.
ERROR: Unable to start ovwdb with ovstart.
ERR_0003_050
ERR_0003_050
+ dspmsg -s 5 nv6000.cat 9999 customize: Failing customize with exit code %s\n 2
+ >> /tmp/update.log
customize: Failing customize with exit code 2
+ set +x
ERROR: Customize script for fileset OVWIN exited with code 2.
ERR_cfgbf_001
nvconfigbf: Failing doing configuration with exit code 2
base: Failure running script or command '/usr/OV/install/tools/nvconfigbf'
ERR_bcfg_210
base: Failing base.config with exit code 2

Warm Regards
Praveen Kumar

GIF image