[NV-L] $NVSEV variable always set to 1

To: "Tivoli NetView Discussions" <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>
Subject: [NV-L] $NVSEV variable always set to 1
From: "Van Order, Drew \(US - Hermitage\)" <dvanorder@deloitte.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 18:10:16 -0600
Delivery-date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 00:18:19 +0000
Sender: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com

Hi all,

NV 7.1.5 UNIX

I've created an action node in a ruleset that is passing NV variables to postemsg. One of the ones I want to use is $NVSEV. I thought this would correlate to the severity settings in trapd.conf. However, I have changed it from Indeterminate to Major, and $NVSEV is still showing up as 1. Daemons have been cycled. Will this work, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks--Drew

Drew Van Order
Information Technology Services
Deloitte Services LP
Tel: +1 615 882 7836
www.deloitte.com

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message.

Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited. [v.E.1]