RE: [NV-L] Problems loading mib

To: Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>
Subject: RE: [NV-L] Problems loading mib
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 11:18:05 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 16:18:55 +0000
Sender: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com

Try concatenating all three MIBs into one big file, with the problem MIB last, and running mib2trap on the combined file.
If that doesn't work, I'd open a problem and send 'em all to Support.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Network Availability Management
Network Management - Development
Tivoli Software, IBM Corp
Inactive hide details for JaneTaylor@hbosplc.comJaneTaylor@hbosplc.com

          JaneTaylor@hbosplc.com
          Sent by: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com

          02/28/2007 10:59 AM
          Please respond to
          Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>

nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com

cc

Subject

RE: [NV-L] Problems loading mib

The whole mib isn't very long but there are two other mibs without traps identified i.e. just sets of OBJECT-TYPE definitions but these have loaded without a problem. I now suspect the IMPORTS section is longer than I thought.

The problem mib is starts with

DATAPOWER-NOTIFICATION-MIB DEFINITIONS ::= BEGIN

-- Programmatically Generated; do not edit

IMPORTS
enterprises, MODULE-IDENTITY, OBJECT-TYPE,
NOTIFICATION-TYPE, Unsigned32
FROM SNMPv2-SMI
TEXTUAL-CONVENTION, DisplayString
FROM SNMPv2-TC;

dpNotificationMIB MODULE-IDENTITY
LAST-UPDATED "200404210000Z"
ORGANIZATION "DataPower Technology, Inc."
CONTACT-INFO "DataPower Technology, Inc. Postal: DataPower Technology, Inc. One Alewife Center 4th Floor Cambridge, MA
02140 Phone: +1 617 864 0455 Email:
csupport@datapower.com"
DESCRIPTION "The MIB module for notifications of a DataPower XML device."
REVISION "200404210000Z"
DESCRIPTION "Updated"

::= { dpModules 3 }

datapower OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { enterprises 14685 }

dpModules OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { datapower 2 }

dpManagement OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { datapower 3 }

dpNotifications OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { dpManagement 3 }

dpNotificationElements OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { dpNotifications 1 }

The other two mibs start

DATAPOWER-CONFIG-MIB DEFINITIONS ::= BEGIN
-- Programmatically Generated; do not edit

IMPORTS
enterprises, MODULE-IDENTITY, OBJECT-TYPE,
Unsigned32
FROM SNMPv2-SMI
TEXTUAL-CONVENTION, DisplayString
FROM SNMPv2-TC;

dpConfigMIB MODULE-IDENTITY
LAST-UPDATED "200401140000Z"
ORGANIZATION "DataPower Technology, Inc."
CONTACT-INFO "DataPower Technology, Inc. Postal: DataPower Technology, Inc. One Alewife Center 4th Floor Cambridge, MA
02140 Phone: +1 617 864 0455 Email:
csupport@datapower.com"
DESCRIPTION "The MIB module for configuration of a DataPower XML device."
REVISION "200401140000Z"
DESCRIPTION "Updated"

::= { dpModules 2 }

datapower OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { enterprises 14685 }
dpModules OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { datapower 2 }
dpManagement OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { datapower 3 }
dpConfig OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { dpManagement 2 }

and

DATAPOWER-STATUS-MIB DEFINITIONS ::= BEGIN
-- Programmatically Generated; do not edit

IMPORTS
enterprises, MODULE-IDENTITY, OBJECT-TYPE,
IpAddress, Counter32, Unsigned32

FROM SNMPv2-SMI
TEXTUAL-CONVENTION, DisplayString, MacAddress,
TimeInterval, TimeStamp
FROM SNMPv2-TC
dpConfigXMLManagerIndex, dpConfigLogTargetIndex, dpConfigSLMPolicyIndex,
dpConfigLoadBalancerGroupIndex, dpConfigCountMonitorIndex, dpConfigMessageTypeIndex,
dpConfigDurationMonitorIndex, dpConfigMQQMIndex, dpConfigWSGatewayIndex,
dpConfigTibcoEMSServerIndex, dpConfigWebSphereJMSServerIndex, dpConfigUDDISubscriptionIndex

FROM DATAPOWER-CONFIG-MIB;

dpStatusMIB MODULE-IDENTITY
LAST-UPDATED "200401140000Z"
ORGANIZATION "DataPower Technology, Inc."
CONTACT-INFO "DataPower Technology, Inc. Postal: DataPower Technology, Inc. One Alewife Center 4th Floor Cambridge, MA
02140 Phone: +1 617 864 0455 Email:
csupport@datapower.com"
DESCRIPTION "The MIB module for status monitoring of a DataPower XML device."
REVISION "200401140000Z"
DESCRIPTION "Updated"

::= { dpModules 1 }

IpNetworkAddress ::= TEXTUAL-CONVENTION
DISPLAY-HINT "1d.1d.1d.1d/1d.1d.1d.1d"
STATUS current
DESCRIPTION
"An IP Network and mask"
SYNTAX OCTET STRING (SIZE(8))

DPTimeIntervalSeconds ::= TEXTUAL-CONVENTION
STATUS current
DESCRIPTION
"A unit of time expressed in seconds"
SYNTAX INTEGER

DPTimeIntervalMillis ::= TEXTUAL-CONVENTION
STATUS current
DESCRIPTION
"A unit of time expressed in milliseconds"
SYNTAX INTEGER

datapower OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { enterprises 14685 }
dpModules OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { datapower 2 }
dpManagement OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { datapower 3 }
dpStatus OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { dpManagement 1 }

If something looks odd then I'm happy to submit it as a problem but I was assuming it was something I was doing wrong.

Thanks

Jane