Re: [NV-L] New parameters for netmonaction and ovtopodump in NV 7.1.5

To: Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>
Subject: Re: [NV-L] New parameters for netmonaction and ovtopodump in NV 7.1.5
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 17:18:27 +0000
Delivery-date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 18:59:45 +0000
Sender: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com
I didn't get any takers at all last time I asked this question 7 weeks
back.  Anyone had a dig at this meantime and shed any light on the new
parameters to netmonaction and ovtopodump?

Cheers,
Jane

Jane Curry wrote:
> NV 7.1.5 on SLES 9.
> ITM 6.1 TEMS and TEPS on Windows.
>
> Does anyone have any information on new options in NetView 7.1.5 to help
> support ITM 6.1???
>
> There appears to be at least 3 new options to ovtopodump -U , -I and -T
> which are all used by the ITM-driven scripts in
> /opt/IBM/ITM/li6243/nd/bin.  I don't see any of these parameters in the
> updated NV 7.1.5 Admin Ref.
>
> There are also some new parameters for netmonaction (or netmon -a ) -
> 745, 746 and 747 - again none of these seem to be in the updated
> manuals.  I know these are new with NV 7.1.5 as I've test them on a
> 7.1.4 system and they barf.
>
> This ITM 6.1 integration could be very useful but a few more clues as to
> what is going on would help enormously!
> Cheers,
> Jane

Skills 1st Limited, 2 Cedar Chase, Taplow, Bucks, SL6 0EU, UK.
Registered in England & Wales, Company No. 3458854.
Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565
Copyright (c) 2007 Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>.  All rights
reserved.