Re: [NV-L] NV-L

To: Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>
Subject: Re: [NV-L] NV-L
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 09:47:55 -0400
Delivery-date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 14:48:23 +0100
Sender: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com

1. Offhand, I don't know why the polling option screen doesn't give the correct status. Perhaps someone else does. But I wouldn't worry about it. The GUI has a background process called "nmpolling" which periodically checks whether the required daemons are active and restart them if they are not. But I would not rely on that screen tot tell you anything. Use the status in serversetup. It is more accurate.

2. The usual method is through the GUI. If you want to look at the data externally then you have to use the snmpodump line command to dump and format it. Look it up in the books to get the correct options. And you cannot open the mdb data files while the daemons are running. Isn't that what it told you -- that another process had the files already open?

James Shanks
Level 3 Support for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Network Availability Management
Network Management - Development
Tivoli Software, IBM Corp
Inactive hide details for durga priya <durgapriya_cse@yahoo.com>durga priya <durgapriya_cse@yahoo.com>

          durga priya <durgapriya_cse@yahoo.com>
          Sent by: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com

          04/06/2007 01:28 AM
          Please respond to
          Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>

nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com

cc

Subject

[NV-L] NV-L

Dear sir,

1)In options->serversetup snmpcollect daemon is running.but in options->polling->daemons tab
current status of the snmpcollect daemon is unknown.Why so?

2)I am also unable to view the datas in the usr\ov\databases\snmpcollect file.how can i view that?is the datas are get
collected in my case.i am unable to draw the graph also,though some values r displayed in the mib collector.i have MS-ACCESS
.but the files cannot be opened.

reply as soon as possible...

bye,
durga.