[NV-L] MLM trap port

To: "Tivoli NetView Discussions" <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>
Subject: [NV-L] MLM trap port
From: "Davis, Donald" <donald.davis@firstcitizens.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 18:17:10 -0400
Delivery-date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 23:22:40 +0100
Sender: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com
I know this has probably been asked before but I am having problems with making this configuration stick.
I have MLM and NetView on the same server.  I have trapd configured to listen on port 1662.
I have MLM configured to listen on 162 and forward on 1662.
This MLM configuration will not seem to stay configured in the MLM.
I have configured MLM with smconfig to forward to NetView on 1662 several times.
After about a week or two, the configuration setting somehow reverts back to forward on 162.

I modify the trap destination table, save the configuration and reinitialize midmand and all is well for a week or two.
Then it mysteriously reverts back.

Is there a file that needs reconfigured to make this permanent?

Thanks,
Don Davis

NetView 7.1.4
AIX 5.2
MLM

Call 1.888.FC DIRECT (1.888.323.4732) or visit us on the
web at firstcitizens.com today to take advantage of our
great products and services.

This electronic mail and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and are intended solely for the use of
individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are
not the intended recipient or the person responsible for
delivering the electronic mail to the intended recipient,
be advised that you have received this electronic mail in
error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding,
printing, or copying of this electronic mail is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail in
error, please immediately notify the sender by return mail.