[NV-L] FW: Using CGI with Jetty

To: "Tivoli NetView Discussions" <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>
Subject: [NV-L] FW: Using CGI with Jetty
From: "Evans, Bill" <Bill.Evans@hq.doe.gov>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 17:01:39 -0400
Delivery-date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 22:11:38 +0100
Sender: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com

I last addressed this topic about two years ago and found a newer post on the NetView User's Group contributions which came from Wing Tang.  Unfortunately his e-mail address is no longer valid or my site is blocking it.

The contribution to the NetView TWikiUsers was on linking to a CGI but the XML wasn't enough for me to figure out how to make it all work.  Does anyone have an example of one of the front ends mentioned there with an initial HTML call and a sample CGI script you can share?   Back in 2005 I did a CGI for my personal web site (an Apache implementation with iPowernet.com as the supplier) but I can't seem to get the Apache and Jetty conceptual worlds to come into mental registration for me.  One particular open question is whether Jetty will support a BASH script or must it be PERL or C?

Up until now my interest has been academic but now I have a real need.  The application I'm pursuing is to have our network operations level one desk enter a MAC address on a web page and I will return the names of all switches whose Cisco CAM tables hold that address.  The desk person can then identify which of the switches is the immediate parent of the NIC with that address and which are further upstream.  I've done the hard part, collecting 100K+ entries from our Cisco switches, but building a web page table with 100K+ rows isn't a friendly solution nor is providing a spreadsheet with 100K+ rows.

Bill Evans