[NV-L] Looking for a way to verify SNMP connectivity to all managed node

To: <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>
Subject: [NV-L] Looking for a way to verify SNMP connectivity to all managed nodes
From: "Dold, Randal" <Randal.Dold@ladwp.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 08:18:10 -0700
Delivery-date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 16:52:06 +0100
Sender: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com
NV 7.1.4 FP5 on AIX 5.2

I have had discovered and managed devices, which are being ping-polled, lose
their SNMP connectivity to NetView.

Unfortunately, NetView doesn't seem to tell me when it loses SNMP connectivity
to a device, or if it does, I do not know where to look.

Is there a way I can use NV to globally test SNMP connectivity to all my
managed nodes, as opposed to using the GUI Test > Connectivity method for one
node at a time?

We will be changing our community strings on all SNMP nodes soon, so a global
test could tell me when all devices are up to date with the new community
strings.

Thanks

This electronic message transmission contains information from the Los Angeles
Department of Water and Power, which may be confidential.  If you are not the
intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use
of the content of this information is prohibited.  If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and delete the
original message and any attachment without reading or saving in any manner.