[NV-L] Duplicate Interfaces After Hotbackup Restore

To: "Tivoli NetView Discussions" <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>
Subject: [NV-L] Duplicate Interfaces After Hotbackup Restore
From: "Claire Bajelis" <Claire.Bajelis@bendigobank.com.au>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 17:04:16 +1100
Delivery-date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 06:05:28 +0000
Sender: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com

Greetings Folks,

NV 7.1.5 (Windows)

I’ve recently had to do a database clear and restore using nvhotbackup data.

This seemed a better alternative to manually re-un-managing the 4,000 or so interfaces that had been re-managed.

The restore initially appeared to work, with the map populating and the unmanaged interfaces reappearing as unmanaged – however, NetView then went on to rediscover EVERY, not just the unmanaged ones, interface resulting in a managed duplicate of every interface.

I’ve since kicked of a node configuration poll, a couple of ovtopofix and ovmapcounts but to no avail.

I’m about to commence a full rediscovery but would like to know if this has happened to anyone else or if any one could suggest why this has happened?

TIA,

Claire

This communication is intended only for use of the addressee and may

contain legally privileged and confidential information.

If you are not the addressee or intended recipient, you are notified that

any dissemination, copying or use of any of the information is unauthorised.

The legal privilege and confidentiality attached to this e-mail is not waived,

lost or destroyed by reason of a mistaken delivery to you.

If you have received this message in error, we would appreciate an

immediate notification via e-mail at oncall@bendigobank.com.au or

by phoning 1300 366 666, and ask that the e-mail be permanently

deleted from your system.

Bendigo Bank Limited