RE: [NV-L] some trapd not forwarding to tec

To: "Tivoli NetView Discussions" <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>
Subject: RE: [NV-L] some trapd not forwarding to tec
From: "Van Order, Drew (US - Hermitage)" <dvanorder@deloitte.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 21:56:29 -0400
Delivery-date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 02:58:36 +0100
Sender: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com

Just wondering if you have an event in nvserverd.log for each corresponding entry in trapd. Because some make it and some don’t, your settings are probably OK, but we had some oddball problems too that adding BufEvtPath took care of. Here’s our AIX non-TME tecint.conf. Maybe it will help you compare settings:

ServerLocation=127.0.0.1

TecRuleName=TEC_ITS.rs

ServerPort=5529

DefaultEventClass=TEC_ITS_BASE

BufferEvents=YES

#UseStateCorrelation=YES

#StateCorrelationConfigURL=file:///usr/OV/conf/nvsbcrule.xml

## The following four lines are for debugging the state correlation engine

# LogLevel=ALL

# TraceLevel=ALL

# LogFileName=/usr/OV/log/adptlog.out

# TraceFileName=/usr/OV/log/adpttrc.out