Re: [NV-L] NetView all knowing??

To: Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>
Subject: Re: [NV-L] NetView all knowing??
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 16:55:06 -0400
Delivery-date: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 21:56:00 +0100
Sender: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com
Explain, no.  Theorize, yes. It's broken.   Multiple down periods all
stopping at the same time?  None of that makes any sense to me.

The availability data counter has a real problem with status updates that
come from the same second for the same node because it cannot tell which
one to keep and which one to toss. It's been patched a couple of times that
I know of, not by me, and the most recent one is in the new 7.1.5 FP03
which became available last week.    If you aren't there, then I wouldn't
trust what you see.

But that would only fix up new data, not the old.

Network Availability Management
Network Management - Development
Tivoli Software, IBM Corp

             "David M. Funk"
             <mfunk@trinitysol
             .net>                                                      To
             Sent by:                  <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>
             nv-l-bounces@list                                          cc
             s.ca.ibm.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       [NV-L] NetView all knowing??
             07/01/2008 02:15
             PM

             Please respond to
              Tivoli NetView
                Discussions
             <nv-l@lists.ca.ib
                  m.com>

Folks,

Can anyone help explain the availability up time to me on the last line in
the Availability Intervals window?
Is this thing psychic? Does it know the future?
hmmmmm........................kinda creepy..

cid:_1_0873234008730A240064456385257479

David M. Funk
President/CEO

Tivoli Certified Enterprise Consultant............
Specializing in Network and Systems Management Solutions

Trinity Solutions
604 Cassandra Dr.
Cranberry Twp., PA 16066

Phone: 724-316-0721