Re: [NV-L] SNMP issue

To: Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>
Subject: Re: [NV-L] SNMP issue
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 09:22:28 -0400
Delivery-date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 14:23:57 +0100
Sender: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com
My advice would be to check the SNMP community string for the machine your
are on.  Look in /etc/snmpd.conf
Then use xnmsnmpconf to put two entries into NetView's ovsnmp.conf database
for that community name, one for 127.0.0.1 and one for the actual IP
Address of the machine or its hostname.  Also check from the command line
using nslookup that your hostname and IP Address resolve to the same thing.

If this does not resolve your problem, then I suggest a call to IBM Support
in your local geography.

Network Availability Management
Network Management - Development
Tivoli Software, IBM Corp

             "Navellehal,
             Yogendra"
             <Yogendra.Navelle                                          To
             hal@in.unisys.com         "Tivoli NetView Discussions"
             >                         <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>
             nv-l-bounces@list
             s.ca.ibm.com                                          Subject
                                       [NV-L] SNMP issue

             07/21/2008 05:46
             AM

             Please respond to
              Tivoli NetView
                Discussions
             <nv-l@lists.ca.ib
                  m.com>

Hi,
I have installed Tivoli on a Virtual Machine.
This machine is situated in US and we are working in India..
The Tivoli on VM is not performing 1st level/layer discovery.
SNMP connection is getting timed out.
Tivoli is not even discovering systems in the same subnet also..
Please help me on what to do for discovery process to work.

Regards,
NV-L mailing list
NV-L@lists.ca.ibm.com
internal IBM'ers only)