[NV-L] Error launching Web Console

To: "Tivoli NetView Discussions" <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>
Subject: [NV-L] Error launching Web Console
From: "Davis, Donald" <donald.davis@firstcitizens.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 09:43:04 -0400
Delivery-date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 14:44:23 +0100
Sender: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com
I get the following error message when trying to launch the web console on a Windows PC after upgrading from 7.1.4 to 7.1.5.3

"Tivoli NetView Web Console cannot retrieve update packages. Please, contact System Administrator."
I have contacted myself and still have the problem :)

AIX : 5300-06-04-0748

/usr/OV/service/version :
ProductName:         "IBM Tivoli NetView"
OperatingSystem:     "AIX"
Version.Release:     "7.1.5"
Maintenance.Release: "7.1.5.0"
FixLevel:            "7.1.5.3"
KanjiFixLevel:       "None"
ClientFixLevel:      "7.1.5.3"

I have deleted the old web client and installed the new 7.1.5 client (nvwcinstall.exe).
After OK'ing the error message, the client starts, what I believe is normally.

Has anyone seen this behavior?  Have a fix?

Thanks,
Don Davis

Call 1.888.FC DIRECT (1.888.323.4732) or visit us on the web at firstcitizens.com
today to take advantage of our great products and services.
This electronic mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use
of individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the person
responsible for delivering the electronic mail to the intended recipient, be advised that if you have received
this electronic mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this electronic
mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail in error, please immediately notify the
sender by return mail.
-------------------- First Citizens Bank - Helping our customers achieve a lifetime of success.
Visit us on the web at firstcitizens.com - Member FDIC