Re: [NV-L] Student Guide Information

To: Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>
Subject: Re: [NV-L] Student Guide Information
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 09:31:43 -0400
Delivery-date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 14:32:06 +0100
Sender: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com
I apologize for being tardy on this response, but I have been out of the
office for awhile.

I'm not at all certain what you are asking, so perhaps you could rephrase
your question to be more specific.  Also, since this exam is not offered
through Tivoli development, I have no first-hand knowledge of it.
Everything I do know is a result of a posting from last year by Leslie
Clark, who wrote,

"The test can be taken at prometric centers. The last time I paid, it was
$200. I don't know what it is now. Sometimes it is given free at Tivoli
User Conferences.
There should be a practice test online somewhere.
The best preparation for the test is actual experience, trying all of the
major functions. In addition, I recommend reading the User's guide (Netview
for Beginners), the Admin Guide, and the Diagnostic Guide. ".

I hope you are also aware that NetView is at the end of its life-cycle and
there is no more new development underway.  We are in maintenance mode
only.  In my opinion you would do better to spend your time learning about
the replacement product, IBM Tivoli Network Manager, which is based on the
Netcool product suite that was acquired by IBM a couple of years ago.  ITNM
3.7 has been out a year now, and 3.8 should debut this year.

Hope this helps,

Network Availability Management
Network Management - Development
Tivoli Software, IBM Corp

             "Nazzareno
             Guerra"
             <nazzareno.guerra                                          To
             @gmail.com>               nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com
             nv-l-bounces@list
             s.ca.ibm.com                                          Subject
                                       [NV-L] Student Guide Information

             08/11/2008 10:17
             AM

             Please respond to
              Tivoli NetView
                Discussions
             <nv-l@lists.ca.ib
                  m.com>

Hi all,
I'm a new member of this ML.
I ask you information about student guide, and other materials about
the exam #000-892.

Thank you very mutch,
Bye bye :)

--