[NV-L] FW: US-CERT Current Activity - HP Releases Security Bulletin for

To: nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com
Subject: [NV-L] FW: US-CERT Current Activity - HP Releases Security Bulletin for HP OpenView Network Node Manager
From: "Davis, Donald" <donald.davis@firstcitizens.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 09:51:02 -0500
Delivery-date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 14:51:40 +0000
Sender: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com
My Info-Security department is asking me if this is also an issue with
NetView.
There is not enough detail on the HP support DOCs to determine what
daemon/process might be affected.
My initial reaction is to just say No, it is not an issue ..... But you
know about assumptions.

Thanks,
Don Davis

========================
US-CERT Current Activity

HP Releases Security Bulletin for HP OpenView Network Node Manager

Original release date: February 6, 2009 at 10:03 am
Last revised: February 6, 2009 at 10:03 am

HP has released a security bulletin to address a vulnerability in HP
OpenView Network Node Manager. This vulnerability may allow a remote
attacker to execute arbitrary code.

US-CERT recommends that users and administrators review the HP Support
document and apply any necessary updates to help mitigate the risks.

Relevant Url(s):
<http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=
c01661610>

====
This entry is available at
http://www.us-cert.gov/current/index.html#hp_releases_security_bulletin_
for

Call 1.888.FC DIRECT (1.888.323.4732) or visit us on the web at
firstcitizens.com
today to take advantage of our great products and services.

This electronic mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are
intended solely for the use
of individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient or the person
responsible for delivering the electronic mail to the intended recipient, be
advised that if you have received
this electronic mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding,
printing, or copying of this electronic
mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail in
error, please immediately notify the
sender by return mail.