[NV-L] Some red interfaces cannot test.

To: "Tivoli NetView Discussions" <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>
Subject: [NV-L] Some red interfaces cannot test.
From: "Sperry, Kevin" <Kevin.Sperry@us.ngrid.com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 10:56:29 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 21 May 2009 16:03:04 +0100
Sender: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com

Hello,

We are running NV 7.15 FP1 on AIX on both our primary and backup/test servers.  I perform a ovtopofix -A and then perform the hotbackup procedure on the primary and then untar the databases on the backup server.  After I run the mapadmin utility, I launch the xwindows read-write map.

I notice that several symbols are red.  When I drill down to look at their interfaces, I notice that some of the interfaces are red, however, they are not red on the primary.

I proceed to perform a demand poll or ping test and the option to select these tests are grayed out "or" the selection for ping is there but not demand poll.

1. Any idea why some or all test options would be grayed out on the backup and not the primary?

2. Some of the interfaces are labeled as such… "swe-nyguidcinta:38:swe-nyguidcmgtc:28".  I searched through the manuals for interface types and could not find out what type of interface this is.  What is this interface? A VLAN interface? A connection interface?  Where can I find this info in the NV manuals?

Thank you kindly,

Kevin Sperry
IT Analyst, Data Center Monitoring Control
nationalgrid
7437 Henry Clay Blvd. Bldg#3
Liverpool, NY 13088
Phone:  (315) 460-2688 Internal: 829-2688
Kevin.Sperry@us.ngrid.com

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it, are confidential to National Grid and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please reply to this message and let the sender know.