Re: [NV-L] netview prob.

To: Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>
Subject: Re: [NV-L] netview prob.
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 09:11:31 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 08 Jul 2010 14:12:23 +0100
Sender: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com
WAN Insight is NOT a Tivoli product.  It is provided by a third-party
vendor called Netsol.

I would check your SNMP access to the unconnected devices.  Use snmpwalk
from the command line or the MIB browser and let the community name
default.  Those utilities will use whatever is configured in snmpconf.
Once you establish that you do have SNMP access to those devices, right
click them on the map and delete them from all submaps.  If you them ping
them, netmon should rediscover them.  If it does not, add them to the top
of netmon's seed file, issue netmon -y from a command window to have it
reload the seed file, and that should get the job done.

If not, I suggest you open a problem to your local IBM Support group.
You'll get re-directed to someone who can help.

James
_________________________________
James Shanks
Tivoli Network Availability Management
Network Management - Development
Tivoli Software, IBM Corp
1-919-224-1642  |  T/L 687-1642 |  ITN  26871642

  From:       manabjyoti saikia <jyotimanab@gmail.com>

  To:         nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com

  Date:       07/08/2010 03:30 AM

  Subject:    [NV-L] netview prob.

  Sent by:    nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com

Hello List,

    I have Tivoli Netview  version V7.1.5 installed in windows server 2003
with MsSql server 2000. Thoght It discovered all the nodes via SNMP ,
when I open IP Internet option I found that some of my network nodes
(routers)  are not displayed correctly in submap. These nodes are not
connected to the rest of the devices and displayes separetely. As a result
I could not be able to configure these nodes in Tivoli Wan Insight report
tool.

--
Manabjyoti Saikia