FW: About Rulesets for a Collection

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: FW: About Rulesets for a Collection
From: Muli Assa <muliassa@INTER.NET.IL>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 1998 21:13:27 +0300
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
----------
From:   Muli Assa
Sent:   Monday, June 01, 1998 7:55 PM
To:     'Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView etalia'
Subject:        RE: About Rulesets for a Collection

I met this problem & I solved it in the following way:
1) I used the database API to Add my local field called local_server
2) I gave my users the option to add/remove servers via the object menu
3) I build the Servers collection using the new field
4) I used the database query is local_server == TRUE for actions
5) more than that, I used this field to monitor the servers every 30 sec
   (defined in the snmpconf dialog)
muli assa