SNMP Walk Utility (Thanks).

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: SNMP Walk Utility (Thanks).
From: "Boyles, Gary P" <gary.p.boyles@INTEL.COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 08:52:34 -0700
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I'd just like to say thanks to the people that responded in regard to my
request
for help in getting the CMU snmp utilities running (or in suggesting a
replacement).

I posted this on both the Openview and NetView forums, and got help from
both.

I won't use people's full names (since I don't have their permissions), but
they did
point me to the correct resources at the following websites:

www.net.cmu.edu/projects/snmp
www.winsnmp.com
www.mg-soft.si

Thanks again (Milan, Noah, Marc, Bob, Tuchyna).

Just as an FYI -- the CMU utilities do compile correctly.  You just have to
make sure
you unzip the "lib-win32.zip" file (from the "cmu-snmp-V1_11_tar.tar" file,
put
the libraries in the correct place, and then be sure to uncompress/untar the
win32.tar.gz file).  I did it using Visual C++ V5 (with a lot of fumbling
around).

I could have saved myself the fumbling around if I would have waited a day
though,
because Milan ended up sending a complete/compiled CMU Win32 kit.

Again -- Thanks.

Gary Boyles,            gary.p.boyles@intel.com