Control Desk

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Control Desk
From: Joel Seligman <jseligman@HARRAHS.COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 09:19:00 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I'm interested in having NetView 4.1.2  send an event to my Control Desk
of the type "Network UP" or "Segment UP", in response to a router
interface coming back up.  I receive "Network Down" specific trap
58916869 and "Segment Down".  I am getting "Node Up" specific trap
58916864 and "lan_token_1 up" specific trap 58916866.

So in closing, is there a "Network Up" or "Segment Up" trap that NetView
can generate.  All messages currently being displayed in my Control Desk
are generated by NetView and are not coming in from SNMP agents.